West End Orthopaedic Clinic Office Operatory
Patients Rights and Responsibilities
As a patient of our practice, we respect your rights and recognize that you are an individual with specific health needs. We want you to
be knowledgeable of your rights and obligations as our patient, to yourself, other patients you may encounter, our physicians and our
A partnership between you and your healthcare team is encouraged. As a member of this team, you must exercise your rights and take
responsibility to ask questions about things that you do not understand. This right is extended your family and/or alternate decision
maker as appropriate.
You Have the Right to:
- Considerate and respectful care provided by competent personnel with consideration of your privacy needs
- Be given the names and functions of the staff directly or indirectly involved in your care and treatment
- Information about your medical care including a full explanation in laymans terms regarding your surgical service, prognosis, risks and benefits associated with your treatment and your role in post treatment care.
- The right to be informed of any experimental, educational, or training activities that may be involved in your care. You have the right to refuse participation in these activities.
- Refuse care/treatment after you have been fully informed
- Make decisions based upon your health needs and personal beliefs and values as well as on the available medical information
- Have your medical records and/or discussions about your care, examination, and treatment be conducted discreetly and maintained in confidence.
- Know that your medical records will be maintained in a confidential file and will not be released without your permission, unless the release is permitted or required by law
- You have the right to be treated with consideration and respect in accordance with the scope and mission of this facility.
- You have the right to examine your bill and to have it explained to you.
- You have the right to accurate information about the competence and capabilities of this organization.
- You have the right to access an interpreter whenever possible.
- You have the right to voice complaints regarding the quality of care you receive and assurance that your complaint will not compromise the care you receive.
Your Responsibilities to West End Orthopaedic Clinic Office Operatory:
- To provide accurate and complete information about your present health status, medications, etc.
- To follow the instructions provided to you by the surgeon and anesthesiologist regarding your care. You must ask questions until you understand these instructions and your role in following them.
- To ensure that your financial obligations are fulfilled to this facility in a timely manner by your insurance provider and/or directly by you.
- To respect the privacy of other patients you may encounter in this facility.
- To report perceived risks in your care and unexpected changes in your health status to your physician and to this facility.
Thank you for choosing our facility for your surgical care.
Hit Your Peak Performance!
Call Us Now if You Have Pain in or an Injury to Your Knee or Shoulder!